www.flickr.com

Thursday, April 24, 2008

On The Road Again

We are moving home!!

I am thrilled. I didn't realize how much I want to go home until we made the final decision. Now I am positively giddy! I want to leave at the end of next week, but there might be a contractual obligation to stay until the following Friday. The contract is really between my current employer and the client (not me personally and the client). I could say "oh well" and just leave. However, I like my client and the industry is small, so I may be stuck here an extra week. On the other hand, the client isn't giving me enough work to fill the extra week, so I might make a plea for letting me go regardless of what the contract says. It will save the client a week of consulting fees, so they really should let me go.

4 comments:

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

Ask and you shall recieve!

I am so happy for you! I think this will do wonders for your already grand spirit!

Piecake said...

Thanks Babz! I completely agree
:-)

Jenn said...

YIPPEE!!!!

I can't wait...I'm sad that I didn't get to visit in Chicago but, I'm thrilled that I have a reason to visit Boston...Let me know when you're back and I'll plan a weekend up there...

Piecake said...

Jenn - Congrats on the blog! I can't wait to read about your travels.