www.flickr.com

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Goodbye Auntie, Hello Knitting

My sister just left for the airport to fly home. She stayed with SPie and I the entire time my husband was away. I was bitchy and very bossy, but she's used to that and didn't seem to care. Except for last Sunday when she finally said, "Please stop talking to me." And the Sunday before that when she threw kids toys at me at the children's museum (thankfully they were the squishy balls and not the wood blocks). But other than that, it was a good visit!

SPie LOVED having Auntie here. They played trains, watched Thomas videos, and painted Easter eggs. They read books, sang silly songs, splashed in puddles and poked at the mud with sticks. What's not to love!

Thank you Auntie. Your stay made our time away from Hubs much easier to live through. Thanks to my nephew for loaning us his Mom for 18 days! Thanks to my Mom and my other sister for taking care of my nephew at home. It's a tangled little family web!

***
In other news, I've been inspired by all the craft blogs I read to start doing crafty things. Last night I took a knitting class.
If all goes well, this is going to grow up to be a scarf.

***
Hey, I just realized the time on this blog is still set for Sydney. I thought I had already fixed that...ugh! I'll try and fix it again. (I manually changed this one).

No comments: