www.flickr.com

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Need a Schedule

SPie's schedule (and my schedule) is completely screwed up. Over the weekend, the naps went out the window since we were doing stuff and we aren't back on track yet.

Saturday we visited Chicago - tons of stuff to see. We didn't even scratch the surface! She was excited about the train and the trolley's, so she didn't nap until we were driving home at 5:30. She was still asleep at 7, so I thought she was going to sleep through the night. At 9:30 she appeared in the living room ready to play! UGH! We were up until midnight (really 11, but with the time change it was midnight). I actually fell asleep while she watched a video. When it ended, she woke me up. How sad.

Sunday we went to the Dupage Children's Museum and again had a late nap.

Yesterday, we went to the library on the way home. I really thought we would be in and out in 30 minutes. There was story time at 7, so we stayed. She loved it, but we didn't have dinner until 8:30!

The "late" nights have been making the morning a nightmare. I get all cranky because we're running late and I start snapping. This really isn't fair to SPie since it's my fault that we haven't been to bed on time. So, tonight we are having dinner, a bath, and going to bed. There will be no stops on the way home and no activities. Dinner, bath, bed. Dinner, bath, bed.
***
Follow ups:
(1.) The "no cookies at lunch" thing was delayed a day. My lunch yesterday was awful (fish pizza - way too salty. yuck!), so I had a cookie to make up for it. Today I'm doing my errands at lunch (so we can have "dinner, bath, bed"!) and eating at home, so I'll be able start the "no cookies at lunch" today.

(2.) Daycare drop off has been ever so slightly easier since we are arriving later in the morning. The kids are already in their classrooms, so she doesn't have to go to the atrium. She's still clingy in the classroom, but not as bad.

No comments: